Archive of Old News
Code of Ethics
CJA Awards Index
Annual CJA Meetings
How to Join CJA - Membership Information
The CJA offers three types of membership:
- Regular Membership ($10 per year)
for active chess journalists
- Associate Membership ($10 per year)
for others interested in chess journalism
- Foreign Membership ($15 per year)
for non-USA residents
New memberships and renewals should be mailed to the Secretary-Treasurer (with payment in USA funds paid to "CJA") at:
CJA Membership c/o Stan Booz
511 Solliday Ct.
Perkasie, PA 18944
Or, preferably, pay via the PayPal button at the right.
Benefits of Membership
Why join CJA? Here are some of the benefits of membership.
- Support CJA in its goals of improving chess journalism in
America (play an active role in making American chess journalism
- Qualify for a CJA email address: "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Receive the quarterly journal (see The
Journal to download sample copies).
- Qualify for occasional notices to be posted on the web site
and/or in the journal. Submit letters to the editor for the
- Take part in the Awards program, both as a submitter and as
- Nominate and vote for the officers of CJA (only available
to Regular members).
- Participate fully in CJA activities by joining committees
and writing articles for the journal and/or web site.
- Give publishers added confidence in your writing by committing
(as a CJA member) to abide by the CJA Code
For a detailed explanation of the types of membership see the
CJA Constitution & Bylaws (Article
II -- Members).
This Page Last Updated on 25 September 2016
Hits since 17 September 2016: